Sunday, November 27, 2011





Happy Sunday!
This past week was Thanksgiving week. I love Thanksgiving. It is one of my favorite holidays! We all got together at my sister Carolynn's house and had a big feast. Let me tell you, we have some amazing cooks in the family!


Mom made the turkey and stuffing, and dad did the honors of cutting the turkey;


Carolynn made some amazing pies with turkey and leaf cut-outs;


Neat detail on the pies.



She also baked the rolls that Christian got from Texas Roadhouse... OHHH MY WORRD. so good.












The gorging commenced!


Grandpa Lou the Kids' table Corby and Carolynn





The kids had a blast!!

Sawyer and "Gampa Gooey"


I love this picture of Mom and Averie!


Amanda, Saaaaawwwyer, and Jared


Oh my goodness gracious! Brigg got a hold of Cade's Guitar. This could have ended bad because I'm pretty sure that guitar isn't cheap, but instead of taking it from him right off the bat to avoid an expensive catastrophe, I snapped some of the cutest dang pictures you ever saw!

Darian and Dalton!



me and "my dear, sweet, Wesley"
I like this picture of me and my brother. Love you Squish!


The hungry hungry boys ready for dinner!




this picture took FOREVER to take. we couldn't get Brigg out of that little brown bucket thing.


Quite possibly the coolest aunt and uncle in the world. Kami and Darin.


I thought this was kind of a cool picture..


We were lucky to have Emily and Andrew come and eat with us :D


ummm, this little girl is insanely gorgeous! My niece, Gracie


Jennie: Why is the dragon's name "Puff"?


Well, folks, that about does it for this blog entry. Thanksgiving was wonderful with the whole family. I am so blessed to have the family that I do. I love them with all my heart. One of our traditions as a family is for everyone to take a turn and say what they are most grateful for. Every single person in that beautiful house said their Family. I am so grateful for my family. I am so thankful that we get along the way we do and that we actually enjoy being with each other. I am grateful that I love each of my in-laws and consider them my brothers and sisters.

The other thing I said I was grateful for, when it came to be my turn, was the gift of Choice. No matter what happens to us in this life, we will always have choice. That was a very pricey gift given to us from our Savior, Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven. I love them, I know they live and love us and are rooting for us to make the right choices. To make the choice to do good, to be happy with whatever we have, and to do our best with every situation in which we are placed. Let us keep that in mind at the beginning of this Christmas season, as we celebrate the birth of our dear Brother, Savior and Friend, Jesus Christ.

Until next post.

2 comments:

Carolynn and Corby said...

Nice job documenting Thanksgiving. It was such a fun day, all that was missing was Mermie and her cute family! I love all the great pictures!

Katie said...

Fun pics! Makes me miss your family. And you are gorgeous! Love the pics of you and Squish. Also, the pictures of Brigg are amazing! Nice job, girlie! Oh, and tell the "hungry, hungry boys" to get off the couch and help prepare dinner if they're that hungry! :)